Rental Car Excess

What if your rental car is stolen or damaged and you need to pay the excess ? Here’s how Travel with Kit covers you.

Hitting the open road on an overseas travel adventure is one of life’s great pleasures. Crashing your rental car, or getting it nicked, is definitely not a pleasure. Especially when your rental car company hits you with an excess on the rental car insurance you took out. Breathe easy knowing that Travel with Kit travel insurance takes care of rental car excess.

Rental excess

If you rent a vehicle from a rental company while on your trip and it is involved in an accident, is damaged or is stolen while in your care, Travel with Kit will pay you the rental vehicle insurance excess.  A maximum payout of $4,000 is available on Basic cover while on Comprehensive and Domestic it’s $5,000.

Keep in mind

  • The Rental Car Excess benefit is not available on the Saver cover level.
  • Very specific and strict conditions apply.
  • You must have the written rental agreement from a licensed rental company.
  • In order to claim, keep a copy of the car rental agreement, and incident report.

Compare our Rental Car Excess benefits across 4 levels of cover

It’s easy to choose the right level of cover when you compare how each one takes care of specific benefits. Travel with Kit offers 4 travel insurance plans to suit every Australian. Compare our travel insurance levels to find the right cover for you.

Understand your cover

Conditions and exclusions apply to every cover level and optional pack. View our Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide for full details. Sub-limits apply. Not sure? Our friendly team are here to help. Get in touch