Legal liability travel insurance
What if you accidentally injure someone or damage property on your trip? Here’s how Travel with Kit’s legal liability travel insurance covers you.
The possibility that you could accidentally harm someone on your holiday overseas or on your Australian adventure, is definitely not something you want to risk. The thing is, accidents happen. Breathe easy then, knowing that Travel with Kit’s legal liability travel insurance offers a stack of benefits that takes care of legal liability costs and associated legal expenses you may incur should the worst happen.
Legal liability cover
If during your trip overseas or in Australia, you injure someone, cause someone to die, or lose or damage someone’s property and become legally liable to pay compensatory damages as a result, or are required to pay reasonable legal costs and expenses, approved by us, for settling and defending a claim made against you, we can cover you.
Keep in mind
We will not cover you for losses, liability or expenses that are as a result of:
- You or your travelling companion or a relative or employee of either of you suffering an injury.
- Property belonging to or in the care or control of you, your travelling companion, relative of yours, or an employee of any of the aforementioned.
- Having a claim against you related to the use of any motor vehicle or mechanically propelled vehicle, any aircraft, water or firearms.
- Having a claim against you arising from the conduct of a business, profession or trade, including you providing professional advice or service.
- You being required to pay any sort of fine or penalty, punitive, aggravated or exemplary damages.
- Any conduct intended to cause bodily injury, property damage or liability with reckless disregard for the consequences of you or any person acting with your knowledge, consent or connivance.
- Any terrorist act or any loss arising out of the intentional use of military force to intercept, prevent, or mitigate any known or suspected terrorist act.
- Any disease that is transmitted by you.
- Assault and/or battery committed by you or at your direction.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide for full details.