Need to access funds in the case of a hijack event overseas? Here’s how Travel with Kit will cover you.
It’s a travellers worst nightmare and an almost unimaginable situation. Yet a hijacking remains a possibility for tourists who are seen as easy targets.
Hijack and Kidnap
If you, your children or grandchildren are hijacked while on your trip, Travel with Kit will pay the applicable limit per person for each 24-hour period that you, your children or grandchildren are held captive.
Keep in mind
- The Hijack benefit is not available on Saver cover levels
- The most we will pay is for 10 days.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording for full details.
To submit your Hijack claim, please provide as much information as possible about what happened. You’ll need to upload the following documents with your claim:
- Reports from the airline
- Police reports Any related medical reports (if applicable).
- Receipts for any costs that you’re claiming for.
- Bank statements showing what you paid in AUD, if you paid for costs in a foreign currency with a credit card.