Finally! Cover that travels for both business and pleasure. Pay a little extra to insure your business gear, equipment hire, emergency courier and staff replacement costs.
Travel insurance for business equipment, hire, emergency courier and staff replacement.
If you select the Travel with Kit Business Pack at the time of purchase and you have paid the required additional premium, you will have cover for business equipment; emergency courier expenses; business equipment hire; business money; replacing staff.
The equipment must be owned by your employer or if you are self-employed, it must be owned by you.
Business equipment means
- mobile phones
- communication devices
- trade show furniture and marketing materials
- and other business-related equipment that you need in the course of your business and that is not insured elsewhere.
Business equipment loss, theft or damage
If your business equipment that you take with you on your trip is lost, stolen or damaged then Travel with Kit will pay up to $2,500.
The limit applies to any item, pair or set of items.
Keep in mind
- We may decide to either repair or replace the property or pay you its value after allowing for depreciation including wear and tear. In any case, the payment will not be more than the original cost of the item.
- If you think your business equipment was lost or stolen while with an airline, you should make a claim against the airline first. If you receive compensation from an airline, the amount you may receive from us will be reduced by the amount of compensation you receive from the airline for the same event.
- Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording for full details.
Emergency courier expenses
If you need to pay to replace business equipment essential to your intended business due to loss, theft or damage that is covered under this benefit we will pay for necessary and reasonable emergency courier expenses, up to $500, that you need to pay to replace business equipment essential to your intended business due to loss, theft or damage covered under this benefit.
Keep in mind
You must show us all receipts for the courier expenses.
Business equipment hire
If you need to hire business equipment because the business equipment that you brought with you has been delayed in reaching you during your outward journey, or lost, stolen or damaged during your trip we will pay you the cost of hiring business equipment up to $100 per 24 hours, up to $1,000 (10 days).
Keep in mind
You must show us all receipts for the business equipment that you hire.
If you lose or have stolen business money (i.e. cash or traveller’s cheques) belonging to you (if self-employed) or your employer while it is being carried with you or is held in locked safety deposit facilities we will pay you up to $1,000.
What does Business Pack cover?
- $2,500 Business equipment loss theft or damage
- $500 Emergency courier expenses
- $100 per 24 hours up to $1,000 Business equipment hire
- $1,000 Business money