Show a little love to your two-wheeled mate with insurance that covers lost, stolen and damaged bikes on holiday. Good for bicycles valued at $1,500 plus.
Travel insurance for your bicycle valued at $1,500 or more.
The Travel with Kit Bicycle Pack covers any one bicycle up to the value of $5,000, if at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued, your bike is less than three years old and valued at $1,500 or more; and free of defects.
If during your trip your bicycle is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged then Travel with Kit will decide whether to:
- replace the bicycle with the same or nearest identical bicycle
- pay the cost of repairing the bicycle
- pay you up to the applicable limit and no more than the original purchase price.
The most we’ll pay is $5,000.
Keep in mind
- If the bicycle was left in a motor vehicle, it is only covered if left during daylight hours in a concealed storage compartment in a locked vehicle, and there must be evidence of forced entry
- the bicycle must be less than three years old and free of defects at the date of the issue of the certificate insurance, and must be valued at $1,500 or more
- you must give us a statement from an appropriate authority that you lodged a report with them within 24 hours of the loss or theft
- the bicycle must not have been sent anywhere unaccompanied
- damage is not covered if it arises from: cleaning, repairs or alteration; wear and tear deterioration, atmospheric or weather conditions, insects, rodents or vermin; the bicycle having a mechanical breakdown.
- loss, theft or damage is not covered where: the bicycle is left unsupervised in a public place and not securely locked; the bicycle is left behind at any accommodation after you have checked out; the bicycle is left unattended in any mode of transport; you are able to be reimbursed by anyone else. (If you are not fully reimbursed, we will pay the difference between your loss and what you receive up to the applicable limits if we determine you are entitled to payment under this benefit).
- you are not covered if the loss or damage occurred while you are using the bicycle.
Keep in mind
No cover is provided under this section for any bicycle accessories (including but not limited to tools, bicycle pumps, lights and helmets.) These items are covered under Theft or damage to baggage and personal items (including glasses and sunglasses) and the standard item limits will apply.
What does the Bicycle Pack cover?
- Up to $5,000 cover for one bicycle